Offgrid Gear Giveaway: GRAYL Ultralight Water Purifier Packages
Rapid immersions in cold water are dangerous and can quickly become...
In This Article
Like free stuff? If so, you're in luck — we've teamed up with the folks at GRAYL to organize a water purifier giveaway exclusive to OFFGRIDweb.com. As with our previous giveaways, it doesn't cost anything to enter. All you need to do is scroll down this page, follow the instructions in our giveaway module, and submit an entry for a chance to win. Think of it as our way of saying “thank you” to those of you who loyally follow our magazine and web site.
We first heard about GRAYL earlier this year, when we spotted the company's Ultralight water purifier campaign on Kickstarter. The campaign was a massive success, generating over $220,000 in funding for the new water purifier. After seeing this, we knew we had to get our hands on an Ultralight to test it and see if the company's bold claims about effectiveness and ease of use could be verified.
If you've read the latest issue of our printed magazine (Issue 15) you'll know that we recently did just that. In that issue, we wrote a full review of the GRAYL Ultralight as part of our Water Purifier Buyer's Guide, titled H2O Hygiene.
Here's an excerpt from our review in Issue 15:
“This water bottle is comprised of an outer sleeve and an inner reservoir with attached filter cartridge. It’s intuitive to use — just scoop water into the outer sleeve, and use your body weight to press down on the inner portion, forcing water up through the filter. This entire process takes about 15 seconds, and with the addition of the screw-on lid, your water is already bottled and ready to go. The filter is effective against all of the contaminants we considered, making it ideal for use on the dirtiest water sources.”
The GRAYL bottle genuinely impressed us with its effectiveness and ease of use, prompting us to give it our “Top Pick” Award.
After the publication of that review, we had a chance to chat with company co-founder Travis Merrigan at the Outdoor Retailer Show in Salt Lake City. We brought up the idea of a reader giveaway, and Travis gladly agreed — and then some. Instead of giving away a standalone bottle, Travis offered to provide an Ultralight package with spare purifier cartridge. And, instead of one package, Travis said “let's make it three”.
As a result of his generosity, we're able to give GRAYL Ultralight water purifier systems to three randomly selected winners of this giveaway.
Before you enter the giveaway, we'll tell you a little more about the items you could win.
The first item in each giveaway prize package is a GRAYL Ultralight bottle. This bottle weighs in at 10.9 ounces (0.68 pounds), and can hold 16 fluid ounces of clean water. Its included filter cartridge removes…
To remove these contaminants from water, simply fill the outer sleeve with dirty water, place the inner reservoir into the sleeve, and push down. This takes about 15 seconds, after which the water will be ready to drink, or to store in your pack for use later on. Each filter cartridge is effective for 300 uses, or 40 gallons of water.
GRAYL's current retail price for the Ultralight purifier is $59.50, but three lucky winners will be receiving these bottles without spending a penny.
Replacement Filter Cartridge
While 40 gallons is a substantial amount of water, you'll eventually go through that much in a long-term survival situation. The U.S. Army recommends drinking 50 to 75% of your body weight in ounces of water per day, plus additional water for dry climate and strenuous activity. So, it's wise to have a spare filter cartridge on hand as a backup.
GRAYL will also include a replacement filter cartridge for each winner of this giveaway. These cartridges currently retail for $24.50.
Finally, each of the three winners of this giveaway will receive a few bonus items. Firstly, one of our morale patches, pictured above. There are currently only two ways to get these patches: meet one of us in person at a show or event, or be the lucky winner of one of our giveaways. So, if you want one, now’s your chance.
Also, we'll send each winner a printed copy of the latest issue of our magazine and RECOIL magazine.
So, to recap, here's what three randomly-selected winners will get:
Giveaway Starts: Sunday, 9/18/2016 @ 12am PST
Giveaway Ends: Monday, 9/26/2016 @ 12pm PST
The giveaway is open to people ages 18 and over and who reside in the USA only. Three (3) winners will be notified via email after the giveaway ends with details needed to fulfill giveaway.
Click here to view the complete terms and conditions.
If you want a chance at winning the GRAYL items and bonus items listed above, follow the instructions in the Rafflecopter giveaway module below. Three (3) RANDOM entrants will be chosen as winners after the giveaway has ended.
Official Rules for RECOIL OFFGRID Magazine GRAYL Ultralight Water Purifier Packages Sweepstakes
1. Introduction: TEN: The Enthusiast Network Magazines, LLC (owner and publisher of RECOIL OFFGRID Magazine), (“Sponsor”) is offering the GRAYL Ultralight Water Purifier Packages Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”). NO PURCHASE NECESSARY OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility: Entrant must be at least 18 years of age or older by date of entry and a resident of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia. Employees of Sponsor, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, and agents and the immediate family (defined as parents, spouse, children, siblings, grandparents) of each such employees, and all those with whom such employees are domiciled, are NOT eligible.
3. Timing: Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:01 a.m. P.S.T. September 18, 2016 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. P.S.T. on September 26, 2016.
4. How to Enter: Individuals may enter this Sweepstakes by going to OFFGRIDweb.com and filling out the short form with name, phone number, e-mail address and date of birth. Entries must be received by 11:59:59 p.m. P.S.T on September 26, 2016. Multiple entries are not permitted. One entrant per entry. Individuals may enter this Sweepstakes by filling out the online entry only once per day. Sponsor may also ask optional questions. Completion of these questions is not required to enter the Sweepstakes.
5. Drawing: This Sweepstakes will have one (1) drawing and three (3) winners. The entrant selected as potential winner must comply with all terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all such requirements. The potential winners will be selected by random drawing from all entries received on or before the entry deadline. The drawing will be conducted on or about October 7, 2016 by Sponsor, whose decision is final and binding in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Potential winner will be notified by e-mail on or about October 17, 2016. If a potential winner cannot be contacted within seven (7) days after the first attempt to contact such potential winner, an alternate entrant will be selected in his or her place at random from all entries received.
6. Prizes: Three (3) individual winners selected will receive the following prizes: one (1) GRAYL water bottle ($59.50 retail value); one (1) GRAYL extra purifier cartridge ($24.50 retail value); and an issue of Recoil Magazine, an issue of Recoil’s OFFGRID Magazine, and Recoil patch ($23.00 retail value). Total ARV of all prizes $321.00. Any expenses/costs associated with a prize, its acceptance, use or enjoyment that are not listed herein as included with a prize are the winner’s responsibility and will not be provided. At Sponsor’s discretion, unclaimed prizes may not be awarded. Sponsor is not responsible for lost or mutilated prizes and none will be replaced. Prize is nontransferable and must be accepted as awarded. No cash or other substitution may be made, except by Sponsor in the event that the prize cannot be awarded for any reason, in which case, Sponsor will provide a prize of equal or greater value. All taxes, fees and surcharges on prizes are the sole responsibility of winners.
7. Other Terms and Conditions: Potential winners and guests will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release, and where lawful, a Publicity Release, within seven (7) days of notification, failing which the potential winner will be disqualified and another winner selected in the place of the disqualified person at random from all entries received. If the winner is a minor, all required documents (the Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release, and Publicity Release) must be executed by the winner's parent or guardian. If any prize or prize notification is returned as non-deliverable, the potential winner will be disqualified and another potential winner will be selected in the original potential winner's place. By accepting the prize, the winner agrees that the Sponsor and those acting under the Sponsor's authority, may use winner's name, picture/portrait likeness and/or voice, for advertising and promotional purposes without further consideration, unless prohibited by law. BY ACCEPTING THE PRIZE, THE WINNER AGREES THAT THE SPONSOR, ITS PARENT COMPANIES, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES, AND ALL OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, MEMBERS, MANAGERS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS, WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND WILL BE HELD HARMLESS BY WINNER FOR ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURY, LOSS OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, AND PROPERTY, DUE IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF THE PRIZE OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY SWEEPSTAKES OR PRIZE RELATED ACTIVITY. Subject to all federal, state and local laws. Void where prohibited.
8. Miscellaneous: All entries become the sole property of Sponsor and none will be returned. In the event of a dispute, entries made by Internet will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. The “authorized account holder” is deemed the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, service provider or other online organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. A potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry. If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure, human error or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. The Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, any combination thereof, or otherwise, including any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the Sweepstakes. Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, illegible, incomplete, stolen, or misdirected entries. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
9. Winner List: The prize winner’s name will be available by sending a stamped self-addressed envelope after March 1, 2017 to RECOIL OFFGRID Magazine GRAYL Ultralight Water Purifier Packages Sweepstakes – c/o TEN: The Enthusiast Network Magazines, LLC, 831 South Douglas Street, El Segundo, CA 90285 Attn: Legal.
11. Sponsor(s): The Sponsor of this Sweepstakes is TEN: The Enthusiast Network Magazines, LLC (owner and publisher of RECOIL OFFGRID Magazine), whose address is 831 South Douglas Street, El Segundo, CA 90285