Make & Model - Hinderer Knives XM-18 3-inch
Overall Length - 7 inches
Blade Length - 3 inches
Weight - 3.4 ounces
MSRP - $425
URL - http://www.rickhindererknives.com
Any knife in this price range will attract some harsh critics, but there's certainly a lot to like about the XM-18. It's made in the USA from 6AL4V titanium and S35VN steel, with an intricately-machined frame and Hinderer's signature Lockbar Stabilizer. In open position, the thumb-studs nestle against the handle for added strength. Countless blade profile, finish, and handle scale combinations are available — this 3-inch model features a spear-point blade, stonewashed finish, and blue-black layered G-10 scales.
– Finished to a high standard with many intricate details
– Buttery smooth flipper mechanism ends with a pleasant snick as the lock-bar glides into place.
– The XM series offers many scales, spacers, and customization parts, so you can hot-rod it to your heart's content.
– Thumb-studs on the 3-inch model are tricky to use without other fingers putting pressure on the lock-bar.
– Considering the price, we're hesitant to EDC the XM-18 for fear of defiling the finish with scratches, packing tape residue, and pocket lint.