Make & Model - Hinderer Knives XM-18 3-inch
Overall Length - 7 inches
Blade Length - 3 inches
Weight - 3.4 ounces
MSRP - $425
URL - http://www.rickhindererknives.com
Any knife in this price range will attract some harsh critics, but there’s certainly a lot to like about the XM-18. It’s made in the USA from 6AL4V titanium and S35VN steel, with an intricately-machined frame and Hinderer’s signature Lockbar Stabilizer. In open position, the thumb-studs nestle against the handle for added strength. Countless blade profile, finish, and handle scale combinations are available — this 3-inch model features a spear-point blade, stonewashed finish, and blue-black layered G-10 scales.
– Finished to a high standard with many intricate details
– Buttery smooth flipper mechanism ends with a pleasant snick as the lock-bar glides into place.
– The XM series offers many scales, spacers, and customization parts, so you can hot-rod it to your heart’s content.
– Thumb-studs on the 3-inch model are tricky to use without other fingers putting pressure on the lock-bar.
– Considering the price, we’re hesitant to EDC the XM-18 for fear of defiling the finish with scratches, packing tape residue, and pocket lint.
FREE issue of Offgrid Magazine is packed full of the latest in survival, mobility, preparedness, medical, weapons, gear, training and more! Get your FREE digital PDF instant download! Click Here to Download