Make & Model - Kershaw Knives Dividend Gray
Overall Length - 7.25 inches
Blade Length - 3 inches
Weight - 2.9 ounces
MSRP - $70
URL - http://www.kershawknives.com
The Dividend is an assisted-opening folder made at Kershaw’s Tualatin, Oregon facility. The base model is priced at $60 with black glass-filled nylon handle scales; the gray version seen here has extra-slim anodized aluminum scales for an additional $10. The 420HC blade is just 0.09 inches thick, and its hollow grind tapers down rapidly into a modified wharncliffe edge with slight curvature. This all adds up to a surprisingly light and agile folding knife.
– Extremely lightweight and slim in the pocket
– Speedsafe assisted flipper mechanism is quick and satisfying to open.
– Anodized aluminum scales with etched U.S. flag and black hardware look slick.
– Blade tip is worryingly thin. The point deformed visibly during our evaluation and had to be bent back
– 420HC steel wouldn’t be our first choice for a durable EDC knife, but even high-end steels would become delicate with a hollow grind this thin.
FREE issue of Offgrid Magazine is packed full of the latest in survival, mobility, preparedness, medical, weapons, gear, training and more! Get your FREE digital PDF instant download! Click Here to Download