Make & Model - Kershaw Knives Dividend Gray
Overall Length - 7.25 inches
Blade Length - 3 inches
Weight - 2.9 ounces
MSRP - $70
URL - http://www.kershawknives.com
The Dividend is an assisted-opening folder made at Kershaw's Tualatin, Oregon facility. The base model is priced at $60 with black glass-filled nylon handle scales; the gray version seen here has extra-slim anodized aluminum scales for an additional $10. The 420HC blade is just 0.09 inches thick, and its hollow grind tapers down rapidly into a modified wharncliffe edge with slight curvature. This all adds up to a surprisingly light and agile folding knife.
– Extremely lightweight and slim in the pocket
– Speedsafe assisted flipper mechanism is quick and satisfying to open.
– Anodized aluminum scales with etched U.S. flag and black hardware look slick.
– Blade tip is worryingly thin. The point deformed visibly during our evaluation and had to be bent back
– 420HC steel wouldn't be our first choice for a durable EDC knife, but even high-end steels would become delicate with a hollow grind this thin.