Make & Model - Havalon Evolve
OAL - 6.25 inches open; 4.5 inches closed
Materials - 2Cr13 cast stainless steel pliers, 60A stainless steel replacement blades, stainless steel with scratch-resistant black Titanium Nitride coating.
Weight - 6.4 ounces
MSRP - $100
URL - http://www.havalon.com
Havalon's parent company makes scalpels for the medical industry and designed the Evolve for hunters seeking to carry its replacement blade technology. Thus, the Evolve features a removable blade that can be switched out with six extra blades or two Piranta saws. It also includes a gut hook, pliers with wire cutters, and a bit driver.
– A clip, carabiner, and case give a variety of carry options.
– The gut hook/seatbelt cutter cuts aggressively.
– Cutting tool options (i.e., scalpel or saw) increase the amount of tasks you can perform.
– Lock barely engages on the knife — not good fit and finish
– The blade is thin and not best for heavy work.
– No spring on the pliers