Make & Model - KEEN Targhee EXP Waterproof Mid
Materials - Performance mesh upper, KEEN.Dry waterproof liner, removable EVA footbed, nylon shank, dual-density EVA midsole, KEEN all-terrain rubber outsole
Colors - Black/Steel Gray, Bungee Cord/Brindle, Mulch/Burnt Ochre, Magnet/Dress Blues, Olive/Black Olive
Sizes - 7 to 17 including half-sizes; wide fit available. Women's sizes also available.
MSRP - $140
URL - http://www.keenfootwear.com
We’ve had good experiences with KEEN footwear in the past, as the company clearly knows how to produce shoes that balance ruggedness and comfort at an affordable price. The Targhee EXP has the padding and support of a light hiking boot, but also approaches the cushioning and flexibility normally found in a running shoe. We found this boot to be breathable despite its sealed appearance, and during tests it repelled water quite well in rainy conditions. The sole has a grippy texture that maintains traction on wet and slick surfaces; arch support is noticeable and contoured without being cumbersome. Only time will tell if the soft eyelets for the laces hold up compared to the metal style seen on most heavier hiking boots. For the price, we’d say this boot offers a lot of bang for the buck. We were very pleased with the Targhee and would consider KEEN again when looking for affordable outdoor shoes.
– Reflector strips will help you stay visible to group members on nighttime treks.
– Nice selection of muted color choices, rather than loud “notice me” shades
– Good fit for those with narrower feet
– Heel strap seems excessively large and can snag on underbrush
– Loop-style eyelets are likely to wear out faster than metal, especially if you like to replace your laces with paracord.