Make & Model - Kikkerland Design Inc. Wood Axe Multi Tool
OAL - 5.5 inches
Materials - Beech wood and tool steel
Weight - 9.5 ounces
MSRP - $22
URL - http://www.kikkerland.com
Kikkerland Design produced this tool manufactured in China. It comes with 10 different functions sandwiched between two beech wood scales. The pliers also include a wire cutter and blades include an awl, serrated blade, and 2.5-inch knife blade. The tool also comes with a file, can opener, and three screwdrivers. But who could miss that hatchet-hammer combo?
– For the cash strapped, it’s an inexpensive option.
– The hammer. Few multi-tools have a way to give something a good whack.
– The wood handle is elegant and reduces weight.
– The ax: Too short to do heavy work, the unprotected edge gets in the way of using other tools and it makes carrying difficult.
– A few points on the serrated edge are bent, suggesting soft metal.
– The way it’s set up, it’ll best handle small, odd tasks although it gives the appearance of being able to do more.
FREE issue of Offgrid Magazine is packed full of the latest in survival, mobility, preparedness, medical, weapons, gear, training and more! Get your FREE digital PDF instant download! Click Here to Download