Make & Model - TAC Force TF-434 Speedster Model Tactical Rescue Knife
Overall Length - 8.1 inches
Blade Length - 3.5 inches
Weight - 5.3 ounces
MSRP - $8
URL - http://www.amazon.com
We found this TAC-Force knife on Amazon for $8. No, we didn't omit a digit — that price even includes one-day shipping. Considering the 4.4-star average rating from nearly 400 buyers, we figured we'd include it for those looking for budget options. The black drop-point blade is formed from a mystery stainless steel, proudly reading “USA DESIGN, Handmade in China.” Textured metal handle scales are bolted to the steel liner, with a glass-breaker pommel and inset seatbelt cutter blade. The Speedster assisted mechanism can be opened via ambidextrous thumb-studs or a flipper.
– Smooth assisted-opening mechanism reliably engages the liner-lock.
– Deep-carry clip conceals the handle within the pocket.
– While it's not a knife we'd rely on for any tactical rescue duties, it's still surprisingly good value for less than $10.
– Flipper lever is too small and lacks any form of texture. This makes it difficult to use reliably, especially with wet hands.
– If you listen closely, you can practically hear the cheap stainless steel eroding away with each slice. Our blade was sharp out of the box, but was ground unevenly and dulled quickly. Hey, you get what you pay for, right?
Offgrid Magazine took a hard look at what you should be aware of in the event of a viral outbreak. We're now offering a free digital copy of the OffGrid Outbreak issue when you subscribe to the OffGrid email newsletter. Sign up and get your free digital copy