Make & Model - Benchmade Knife Company 570
Overall Length - 8.7 inches
Blade Length - 3.72 inches
Weight - 6.3 ounces
MSRP - $205
URL - http://www.benchmade.com
We snagged a very early production sample of the new-for-2017 Benchmade 570 Presidio II, which serves as the replacement for the discontinued 520 Presidio. This new combat-style drop-point design includes a prominent false edge along the spine, tapering the large S30V blade into a puncturing point. Benchmade appears to be diverging from its mainstay 154CM steel in 2017; the blade is made in the USA from S30V steel. This design is available in manual AXIS lock (570) and automatic AXIS (5700) versions, as well as with a black and/or serrated blade.
– Large blade performs tough cuts effortlessly, yet isn’t too unwieldy for finer tasks.
– AXIS lock allows quick one-handed opening and closing with a flick of the wrist.
– Deep-carry pocket clip placement makes the size of this knife much less apparent.
– Quite heavy and bulky for an EDC blade.
– While the texture on the face of the handle is nice, it could use more jimping on the rear underside of the handle.
FREE issue of Offgrid Magazine is packed full of the latest in survival, mobility, preparedness, medical, weapons, gear, training and more! Get your FREE digital PDF instant download! Click Here to Download