Make & Model - Benchmade Knife Company 570
Overall Length - 8.7 inches
Blade Length - 3.72 inches
Weight - 6.3 ounces
MSRP - $205
URL - http://www.benchmade.com
We snagged a very early production sample of the new-for-2017 Benchmade 570 Presidio II, which serves as the replacement for the discontinued 520 Presidio. This new combat-style drop-point design includes a prominent false edge along the spine, tapering the large S30V blade into a puncturing point. Benchmade appears to be diverging from its mainstay 154CM steel in 2017; the blade is made in the USA from S30V steel. This design is available in manual AXIS lock (570) and automatic AXIS (5700) versions, as well as with a black and/or serrated blade.
– Large blade performs tough cuts effortlessly, yet isn't too unwieldy for finer tasks.
– AXIS lock allows quick one-handed opening and closing with a flick of the wrist.
– Deep-carry pocket clip placement makes the size of this knife much less apparent.
– Quite heavy and bulky for an EDC blade.
– While the texture on the face of the handle is nice, it could use more jimping on the rear underside of the handle.