Make & Model - Gerber Gear Center-Drive
OAL - 6.6 inches open; 4.7 inches closed
Materials - Blade made from 420HC steel
Weight - 9.5 ounces
MSRP - $146
URL - http://www.gerbergear.com
Like many of Gerber's offerings, it's unique. Two things distinguish it from most multi-tools. First is the tool's namesake: when the bit driver is locked open, it lines up with the center of the tool, providing better leverage. Second, the spring-loaded pliers slide out of the tool on a rail system. Made in USA.
– Knife opens with one hand
– Includes bits for weapons maintenance
– The Center-Drive's screwdriver keeps the bits in magnetically.
– Pliers must be opened to access most of the tools.
– The tool has a place to store another bit, but the way to free that bit isn't intuitive
– Tool doesn't fit its pouch as well as we'd like