Make & Model - Kershaw PT-2
OAL - 3.25 inches
Materials - 8Cr13MoV and glass-filled nylon
Weight - 0.8 ounces
MSRP - $10
URL - http://www.kershaw.kaiusaltd.com
It's clear how to use Kershaw's PT-2: Hang it from your key chain with the key ring and when duty calls, hold the tool by pinching it in the middle between thumb and forefinger. The cutout in the center of the tool drives three sizes of hex bolts. A bottle opener, pry bar, and Phillips screwdriver are at one end of the tool; a flathead screwdriver and scraper are at the other. Made in China.
– Its long and thin shape falls in neatly with a bundle of keys.
– The jimping and the nylon-scaled center provide an intuitive and secure place to grasp the tool.
– 8Cr13MoV is a popular stainless steel commonly used in knife blades – no mystery metal here.
– The metal in the hex drive hole is rough and unfinished.
– The pry bar would have more utility if it were thinner.
– We would've preferred a rougher texture than the Kershaw “K” pattern for the nylon scales.
Offgrid Magazine took a hard look at what you should be aware of in the event of a viral outbreak. We're now offering a free digital copy of the OffGrid Outbreak issue when you subscribe to the OffGrid email newsletter. Sign up and get your free digital copy