Make & Model - Schrade SCPEN9BK Tactical Push-Button
Materials - 6061-T6 aluminum
Length - 5 inches
Weight - 1.6 ounces
Ink Cartridge - Schmidt (black)
MSRP - $40
URL - http://www.schrade.com
Despite being the least expensive pen in this guide, this Schrade feels sturdy and comfortable. Its aluminum body is available in three anodized finishes: black, silver, or metallic blue. It's not as ostentatious as other tactical pens; ideal if you don't want to attract unwanted attention. The stainless push-button mechanism is smooth and reliable, and the pocket clip provides good retention. While a Schmidt ink cartridge is included, this pen accepts any standard Fisher Space Pen or Parker-style refill.
– Comfortable to grip as a writing implement or a striking weapon
– Plain design won't turn any heads in nonpermissive environments
– Convenient push-button action
– The design looks rather vanilla.
– Tall push-button is easy to inadvertently press while the pen is stowed in a pocket