Make & Model - SOG Specialty Knives Ultra C-Ti
Overall Length - 6.1 in.
Blade Length - 2.8 in.
Weight - 1.3 oz.
MSRP - $134
URL - http://www.sogknives.com
The C-Ti in this knife's name stands for carbon fiber and titanium. These lightweight materials comprise the handle and pocket clip and, combined with a slim VG-10 steel blade, create a package that's practically weightless. The wide clip is designed to double as a retainer for cash and cards. The Arc-Lock allows for easy one-handed use, even while the clip is stuffed with Benjamins. SOG says the lock mechanism is tested to 1,000 pounds of force, but we seriously doubt the rest of this knife could withstand that much pressure.
– Very compact — smaller than a business card when closed
– Carbon fiber and titanium keep weight to a minimum. It's surreal how light this is.
– Folding knife that doubles as a money clip.
– Not ideal for anything other than light-duty tasks, considering the tiny pivot and unreinforced carbon fiber handle. The blade also has substantial side-to-side wiggle.
– The Arc-Lock mechanism doesn't keep the blade firmly closed; light pressure or a flick of the wrist will flip it open. That's not reassuring for a money clip knife that may be loose in your pocket.
Offgrid Magazine took a hard look at what you should be aware of in the event of a viral outbreak. We're now offering a free digital copy of the OffGrid Outbreak issue when you subscribe to the OffGrid email newsletter. Sign up and get your free digital copy